So you are interested in organizing a walk-run event to benefit the Kennedy's Disease Association
Below are some basic steps to help you get started.
- Set a venue. Where are you going to have your fundraiser?
- Ask your local council to block off roads/paths etc. to run/walk along.
- Arrange when the event would take place and what time.
- Contact local police and ambulance (NHS) to support the events security and safety of runners.
- Solicit help. Invite those who would be interested in your event and giving their time.
- Advertise the event. Use online social programs like Facebook, newspapers, and local radio and television stations. Create an invitation or a ticket to be mailed (or emailed) out.
- Prepare a program that your guests are going to enjoy. Call a local entertainer or a clown for the kids. You want to make your event an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Encourage participants to create an online fundraising drive to raise money for the nonprofit.
- Approach organizations and businesses that would be willing to donate prizes for your fundraiser.
- Organize any other details. Anything like banners, decorations or catering. Also, an added incentive for guests to donate are raffle prizes.
- Team up with a group of your friends and make it even more fun. The possibilities are endless!
- Have a good time!