- Previously Undiagnosed Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy as a Cause of Airway Obstruction after Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy.
- Natural History of SBMA
Descriptive timeline of SBMA discoveries - once in the link, scroll down for information.
- Stem cells 'treat muscle disease'
- Use of epidural anaesthesia for surgery in a patient with Kennedy’s disease
- Administration of testosterone results in reversible deterioration in Kennedy’s disease
- Kennedy's disease phenotype with positive genetic study for Kugelberg-Welander's disease: case report
- A Comprehensive Endocrine Description of Kennedy’s Disease Revealing Androgen Insensitivity Linked to CAG Repeat Length
- Whole-body Gene Therapy Developed for Muscular Dystrophy
"Proof of principle" that delivering new genes to all muscles is possible
- NINDS Kennedy's Disease Information page
- DNA testing for Disease
- Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy - Clinical Features and Pathogenesis - PDF Document
- Leuprorelin Rescues Polyglutamine-Dependent Phenotypes in Transgenic Mouse model of Spinal & Bulbar Muscular Atrophy - PDF Document
June 2003 article - research team: Masahisa Katsuno, Hiroaki Adachi, Manabu Doyu, Makoto Minimiyama, Chen Sang, Yasushi Koboyashi, Akira Inukai and Gen Sobue, University of Nagoya
- DNA Sticky Tape Treatment
- Scientists believe they can stop certain genetic diseases by correcting DNA mutations.
- SBMA Individuals May Have a Low-Risk of Prostate Cancer
Genetic alterations of Androgen Receptor Gene
- Lateral Corticospinal Tract and Spinal Ventral Horn in X-Linked SBMA
Abstract by Terao, Sobue, Hashizume, Tanaka & Mitsuma
- PGD - Preimplantation genetic diagnosis for SBMA
Abstract by Grewel, Leeflang, Zhang & Arnheim
- Therapy Investigated for ALS May Find New Role in Kennedy’s Disease
- Clinical Trial Conducted - Old trial (2000)
- Dr. Albert La Spada, Ph.D., summarizes SBMA including diagnosis, management, genetic counseling, molecular genetics, and resource information.